Wednesday, May 30, 2012

My Indoor Babies


This is my Pothos, or one of them.  I don't remember how long they go back.  I've had them for so many years, starting as a small plant.  I watch them grow, take cuttings to keep the shape the way I want it and to create new plants, and once I find just the right light for them, just the right growing conditions, they don't move.  They reward my noticing where they do best with large variegated leaves and waterfall growth. 

One of my dreams is to be able to replace part of the back wall in this room with sliding glass doors that lead to a balcony.  Once I have that I will be able to grow some of the plants I love most.  I just don't have enough windows in here to grow the plants I'd like and to let the outdoors in, whether rainy, cloudy, sunny or the most wonderful of all, autumn.




No comments:

Post a Comment